Different Types of Window Materials
Windows are one of the most essential parts of a house that play a big role or part in keeping the house beautiful, stylish, and secured. Most homeowners would consider the windows as one of their top priorities for house improvement projects. Upon renovating or improving the windows, it is important to consider the different types of window materials. The type of window should blend in with the style or theme of the house and at the same time, the window is able to give high level of security.
The windows come in different sizes and style depending on the house`s architectural structure. The windows may be in horizontal, vertical or a combination of different shapes. In choosing the best window materials, consider the type and functionality of the window. Installation of these new window materials may be done by the homeowner, but if it`s not possible to do so, always ask the experts for Windows San Mateo for help and suggestion. There are a number of window materials to choose from with different uses and advantages. These materials can be used as the main window material or can be combined with other materials to make it more durable or stylish.
Different types of window materials:
Wood is the most common material used for windows. It can be cut or designed according to the homeowner’s preference. Wood gives a warm and traditional beautification that is very pleasing to the eyes. This window material needs to be treated for it to be preserved and to last for a longer period of time.
– The wood is a good insulator and does not go cold or hot during extreme weather changes.
– The exterior part of the window can be painted with different kinds of colors and can reduce the need for maintenance.
– It can be combined with other window materials for a better weather tolerance and lesser replacement or maintenance.
• Aluminum window materials
The aluminum window material is much lighter in weight, thinner, and easy to handle. This aluminum is the second most common material used for window frames. But, unlike the wood, aluminum is a poor insulator that turns cold or hot during extreme weather changes.
– More durable compared to the wood window material
– Can last longer and does not need too much maintenance
– Rubber strips and thermal breaks can be installed to make the aluminum material a good insulator.
• PVC window materials
The PVC materials are the latest type of window material being used by modern houses. This type of window is highly recommended since it is a good insulator compared to other materials. This material can also be combined with other materials to make it more durable and stylish.
– This material can stand any type of weather.
– The PVC is conducive for any types of houses.
– The PVC window material has different kinds of colors to choose from.
– More durable compared to other materials
– Needs less or no maintenance at all
– Resistant to any extreme weather changes